Stay Home with Donna & the Team
What an incredibly strange week – one like we have never seen before as a country and unfortunately, I think that we have many more to come. How is everybody coping with the home schooling and isolation?
We are slowly settling into the rhythm and getting used to spending all day, every day in the house together – it has had it’s moments and the constant mess is driving me insane (My OCD gets the better of me on many occasion) but thankfully last week the weather was lovely and we managed to make the most of our exercise time together.
Willy has been the perfect cycling partner and making it all so much more enjoyable.
As a team, we are all very lucky that we live by the sea and are managing to breath in the fresh air whenever we can. For a daily fix of the stunning island of Bryher where Sarah lives, follow Seriously Scilly on Instagram for an insight into life on her tiny island with only 83 residents and regular images like this…true isolation!
YOUR SUNDAY ENTERTAINMENT GUIDE
This week, we have decided to offer you a few recommendations and a bit of feel good music to help brighten your Sunday and the week ahead…we need your recommendations too – so make sure you pop them in the comments below and we will let you know how we get on!
Feel Good Music to listen to today – turn it up loud…
Our TV guide for the rest of the weekend…
The new series of Friday Night Dinner – Now into it’s 6th series! If you haven’t seen it from the start, now is time to catch up on All 4
If you haven’t yet been sucked into this incredible series then you have 94 programmes back to back to catch up on!!! Now that’s a way to pass the time ????. Be warned you will fall in love with it! Catch all episodes on Netflix now.
RECIPE TO TRY (courtesy of BBC Good Food)
If you follow our Instagram (if you don’t – why not??) you will know that Donna has been overdosing on Banana Bread. Both Donna & Sarah are trying to go sugar free although I think Sarah is definitely winning at the moment!!! If you want to try Donna’s favourite recipe for banana bread here is the recipe…
Sugar Free Banana Cake
- 125g self-raising wholemeal flour
- ½ tsp 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 75g sultana
- 50g 2 tsp 1 1 tbsp 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 160C fan/ gas mark 4. Grease and line a 450g loaf/1lb tin with baking parchment.
- Weigh the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sultanas into a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon. Then weigh the butter, vanilla essence, egg, milk and mashed bananas and put into another bowl or jug and mix with a small balloon whisk or fork. Pour the ‘wet’ banana mixture into the ‘dry’ flour mixture and combine thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the cake mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 30 – 40 mins or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven, allow to cool in the tin for 10 mins then turn out.
- Drizzle with agave syrup if using.
WHAT WE ARE READING…
This modern day masterpiece – The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho – a story that reminds us to listen to our hearts and follow our dreams – a very important message! Get your copy from Amazon HERE
We just want to add a little message to our wonderful community of followers, please, please stay safe, stay inside, concentrate on all the good things in life and if anyone feels lonely, please get in touch – we are here for you!
Keep following our instagram for lots of easy tutorials and new tricks to learn whilst you have a little bit more time…there are lots of them coming your way!
Donna, Sarah & Team DML xx